The Week in Games 5/27/12
Enrico Nardini, Play Unplugged, 5/27/12
(5/23/12) – Philadelphia was the location of more epic duels in the Yu-Gi-Oh! championship series. The Pennsylvania Convention Center was packed with over 1500 card wielding combatants. When the dust settled it was Brooklyn, New York’s Feng Chen who emerged victorious, earning himself an invitation to the 2012 World Championship Qualifier.
(5/24/12) – Goodman Games has been working long and hard on their own set of fantasy role playing game rules. This week the fruits of those labors were realized with the release of the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG. This decidedly old school dungeon romp can be found at your local game store and retails for $39.99.
(5/25/12) – Play Unplugged was proud to participate in Ao Sugo‘s Star Wars celebration! Ao Sugo is a Brazilian website featuring articles on science fiction, comic books, and gaming. Mike Eaton‘s retro review, Star Wars CCG: A Lesson in Choice, was translated and republished in Portuguese for the celebration. Look for a Star Wars CCG article by A0 Sugo contributor Victor Hugo coming soon!
(5/25/12) – Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster Kickstarter has been funded! The Sedition Wars Kickstarter met its initial goals almost immediately, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t get in on all the action, including some exciting new stretch goals and incentives.
(5/26/12) – Games Workshop‘s Warhammer 40,000 game prepares to take to the skies, with advanced orders on a new set of flyers. These flyers include new units for Space Marines, Orks, and Necrons.
(5/27/12) – Play Unplugged’s Jason Vey (author of Dungeons and Zombies, All Tomorrow’s Zombies, Broken Gods, and more) has a new RPG that is about to be released from Toll Lord Games. Amazing Adventures is a SIEGE engine pulp RPG featuring:
- Eight brand new character classes: Arcanist, Gadgeteer, Gumshoe, Hooligan, Mentalist, Pugilist, Raider, and Socialite
- Character customization options: Generic Class Abilities, Traits, Backgrounds, Fate Points, Pulp Costumes, Sanity rules, and more!
- A streamlined presentation of the SIEGE engine, which uses a single Challenge Base
- Rules for vehicular combat
- Guidelines on how to run a pulp game
- A complete Monster section with all kinds of pulp beasties from giant apes to Lovecraftian horrors
- A complete starting adventure for 4-6 new pulp heroes
You can pre-order it here!